Saturday, June 30, 2007

What I'm Reading This Week

Sustaining Simplicity: A Journal

by Anne Bayse

It came to me one day in the postal mail. I sent Anne a quick e-mail right before the open heart vacation to thank her, even though she didn't exactly know either how I got it. It's newly published.

This book has been my beach reading this week. I'm almost done and now I need to send Anne a much more thoughtful e-mail to really thank her. I googled around and learned that there will be a website developed to accompany the book.

Since I really love reading memoirs, this was terrific. OK, it's not exactly a memoir, but kind of. It's written in first person. Like a journal. A conversation. Honest. Thought provoking. Joyful. Like a friend. And when I got to the part where Anne put on her Jackie O scarf and shades, well, then, of course I knew why I was clicking with this. :-)

Take care everyone! T

P.S. We would love it if you could stop by our care page:

http://www.carepage.com/

page name: CoachSpeirs

patient name: Rob Speirs

2 comments:

Sue-s said...

Don't you love Sustaining Simplicity? I'm proud to say I'm "in" the book; I'm named "Kate" (Anne had too many people in her life named Sue) talking about what it's like to have a child go off to college.
Lovies, Sue

Terri Mork Speirs said...

Now I have to go back in there and look for "Kate." My director, Brenda, fessed up as the anonymous donor of the book to me. Thanks Brenda! Now, I'm on to David Sedaris. . .oh my goodness he is funny and clever. T