Thursday, June 21, 2007

O I feel so Jackie

I have just discovered the secret to being liked at your workplace. You figure out a way to postion yourself a thousand miles away from all your co-workers. Then they never know your annoying quirks and they keep sending you things like care packages, cards, flowers, and for example yesterday a scarf.

My colors. Silk. From India. Fair Trade.

I love it! Thanks so much everyone. My Jackie O impression actually made Bob laugh. Poor guy, what a nut for a wife he got.

And then there's Joanne who sits a thousand milimeters from me, and well, Joanne's exceptional so that's why she puts up with me.

Anyway since I couldn't figure out how to put these pictures on an e-mail to thank the HQ people, I thought I would just post them here so you all could see this scarf. My Mom gave me two scarves too, when we first realized that there would be a hole in my throat. So I think I will officially consider myself a true lover of beautiful scarves.

And just like clockwork, Margaret came by with East Africa tea and chapati (flat bread) because well, of course, Bob's surgery is Monday and she remembered and is going to give us prayers and support. You may remember that she is the one who developed a leadership program for 80 girls in the slums of Nairobi, her home city. Anyway, I wish I could just superglue her to Amanda for the next 5-10 years or so. Amanda who is now taller than her Auntie Margaret.

Friends, this is the long way of saying that Bob is feeling a wee nervous for his O surgery on Monday. O=Open Heart. Even with his Jackie O-eqsque significant other. Your encouragment and words of support would be so much appreciated. Phone. E-mail. Blog. And we are firing up the care page too. Here's how you get on there:

www.carepage.com
page name : CoachSpeirs
patient name: Rob Speirs
(you'll need to do a one-time registration)

Tomorrow we go to St. Mary's Hospital in Rochester for his angiogram thingie and a conversation with the surgeon. Another surgeon. Uh oh.

With love, T

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terri, Rob, Aidan & Amanda: Aaron and I love your proposition -- yous guys think about us and Aaron's surgery on Monday and us guys will think about yous guys and Rob's surgery on Monday--it's a deal!

Rob -- we'll send you extra "juice," and thoughts, and prayers throughout the weekend and on Monday and beyond.

Right now, as Aaron faces more surgery and crap on this cancer misadventure, we've been focusing on a quote that graces a mug my LWR colleague Rebecca P. gave me (you need to meet her--as a matter of fact, everyone at LWR needs to meet you...hmmm...we need to get the entire Speirs family to B'More soon) maybe you'll like this too:

Take pride in how far you have come and have faith in how far you can go! --Christian Larson

Anyways (continuing on the yous guys theme), we join the legions of folks out there accompanying you on this latest phase of your journey...

XO, Lisa B. and Aaron

Anonymous said...

P.S. We so wanted to send you a care package full of silly summer pjs...a continuation of the winter flannel silly pjs sent from the nutty Bonds' family earlier in your liver/heart adventure. BUT, we learned a lesson--silly pj season seems to only be open (at least at Target) around Christmas time! So, in this case -- it will have to be our thoughts that count. :)

Katie and Hans Dahl said...

Love the scarf, Terri. We gave that same one to my mom for Mother's Day :)

Bob - prayers will be sent your way this weekend as you prepare for surgery and on the actual surgery day, Monday.

Your family is amazing - you are bursting with courage that is inspiring.