Thursday, June 14, 2007

Estimated Time of Departure

Do you ever wonder if you have 3-D dyslexia? (Whoever invented that word was definitely not dyslexic.) Like a mix up of all life? Or at least the pesky things like time and space.

Since I telecommute to Baltimore I have a one-hour time difference to constantly compute. I kid-you-not, I can turn that one hour into a four hour fiasco. Yes, friends, I have messed up meetings by 4 solid hours because of that one hour time difference. I don't even know how that is possible, but it is. It's my 3-D dyslexia that is really B.A.D.

It shows itself in other ways too. Take the parking meter for example. Have you ever had to figure out how many hours you need the meter? I look at my watch. Look at the meter. Look at my quarters. Back to the watch. Count backwards from the estimated time of departure. Wait a minute, exactly when is time of departure? Look at the meter again. Put in all the quarters. Look at my watch. OK, remember that time now.

I mean, it's like I'm working on a 3-D Ph. D. in living color.

And so today, I cut short our time at the lake because I was afraid Becky would miss her flight. Gotta get to the airport. And how exactly do you get to the airport from Lake Calhoun anyway? Oh my goodness, she's going to miss her flight. Rush, rush, drive, drive. Get her there. Thanks so much. What a great week. Hug. Hug. Close the trunk. Outta there.

Get home, look at the clock, and it's like. . .I think I made Becky wait at the airport for, I don't know, three hours. Was it three hours? Was I really off on the ETD by that much time?

The problem solving and information processing really took a hit this year. I promise, it's coming back. I truly promise it is.

But before I got home my awesome Dr. Asfaw called on my cell. Pull over the car because I cannot drive and comprehend what he's telling me all at the same time. When? Where? How? I think I'll have to have Bob call him back because I didn't really get how this radiation pill thing is supposed to work. Go off the thyroid pill for two weeks. On another pill for one week. No pill at all for another week. Then 3-days to 2-weeks of isolation. Unless we have two bathrooms. Which we don't. Is that right? Anyway, it'll happen after Bob's heart thingie, not before. I mean, I thought it was just a pill and a three day retreat. Bam.

I'm telling you. I have really B.A.D. 3-D Triple DDD super size me get to sleep A.S.A.P.

Thanks so much for coming over to the liver blog. You're the best!

With love, T

P.S. Becky, I hope you enjoyed the lovely MSP airport.

2 comments:

~moe~ said...

The good thing about spending 3 hours at the MSP airport is that there are actually things to do - like places to shop, and bars to drink in. Whereas the SD airports have nothing...NOTHING.

Terri Mork Speirs said...

Sarah you're cracking me up. You're sounding waaaay too much like your sister and making me waaaaay too much want to hit all the Sioux Falls happy hours with the both of ya. :-) T