Wednesday, March 28, 2007

They Made Me Believe

Hello friends and welcome to the liver blog. I really needed to get a much more beautiful picture up here and found this one with thanks to Allison Schmidt, Luther Seminary Photographer.

This is Bob and his diva liver's core team, Margaret, Elieshi, and Faith; Prophets, Pastors, and Healers, who made me believe in prayer.

Although I feel like I always want to qualify that by saying I believe in prayer not because Bob's liver healed, but because of the energy these women channeled into our apartment when they and their families would encircle a sleeping Bob in words with God. I say that as a prayer skeptic. Or as one who is really bad at it. Not my strength, put it that way. Then there's Victoria, Bob's cheerleader on campus and organizer extraordinaire. And the mama panda on a rare good hair day.

So there you have it. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you ever wanted to give your money somewhere, you could give it to the ELCA international scholarship program because it brings people like Margaret, Elieshi, and Faith to places like Luther Seminary. And I think they saved Bob's life. And if you ever wanted to have an international experience but can't figure out how to get overseas, enroll at Luther Seminary, live on campus, and make a special effort to get to know the international students. It is extraordinary.

With love, T

No comments: