Thursday, March 1, 2007

More Signs of Life

Hello! Thank you for coming over to the liver blog. We're re-entering life and yesterday some real beauties returned to us.

Catching up on work-related stuff, I bumped into this photo. On the left is Josh, a seminary student in Chicago who won an LWR scholarship to go to Nicaragua to visit coffee farmers, and nine-year-old Julito whose family hosted Josh for his home stay. How old is the youngest coffee picker you ever met? Last I heard about Josh was from his pastor who had left a sterling reference on my answering machine sometime last October. I never returned that call as we were descending into Bob's valley. And now look at this, Josh made it to Julito's mountain.

And then there's Omar, one of Bob's basketball all-stars from North Minneapolis. You may remember that one of the last things Bob was up to before his diva liver left us, was looking for Omar to see how he was doing. Omar's mother was worried. Never got that done either. And out of the snowy white sky, who calls last night? Omar. Had no idea Bob was sick, back in town, will visit next week. 'You gotta get to college,' Bob says.

Finally, I'm introducing a new regular posting that I'll do on occasion. On the road with Milford Mork Trucking. Thought it would be a fun way to keep up with a trucker's comings and goings, and since my Dad happens to be one, well there we go. By the way, he really did have to drive through that awful snow storm yesterday, from Rochester, Minnesota to Bismark, North Dakota. 'Piece of cake,' he says. Here goes . . .

On the Road with Milford Mork Trucking.
Currently: in Billings, Montana.
Destination: Minnesota.
Hauling: just unloaded produce for Safeway Grocery Stores; hoping for a return load.
Comment: Drove all day yesterday without a white line.

With love, T

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terri, I am reading a book called "When God Winks at You" by Squire Rushnell. Having Omar call, could be one of those God Winks. If you ever get a chance, read this book, better yet, when I am done, I will mail you mine. I am sure that you will see that God Winked at you alot. Keep on getting stronger!!

Jean

Anonymous said...

Terri, I am reading a book called "When God Winks at You" by Squire Rushnell. Having Omar call, could be one of those God Winks. If you ever get a chance, read this book, better yet, when I am done, I will mail you mine. I am sure that you will see that God Winked at you alot. Keep on getting stronger!!

Jean

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jean. Your comment about God winking and Omar's phone call really got us to thinking today. Thanks for the insight. Love, T

Anonymous said...

Hey Terri, Just wanted you to know that Aaron and I have made the move to "rollingontheliver". It's so great to hear the good news about the word we had wished for -- HEALED! Wow. So very cool. And, I want you to continue to take the time you need...the journey from the cave back out into the rest of the world is likely going to take a while. We continue to think of you and love your blogging. Guess we've learned some very important things in your blogging for LWR: 1) You are a brilliant writer and now, I hope you will lead our charge up bloggers hill; 2) It's kinda hard to move people from one
"place" on the internet to another... :)

KEEP WELL and enjoy that lovely snow. I am so jealous.

XOXO, Lisa B.