Saturday, March 31, 2007

Another Memoir

I just started reading this book. Continuing my interest in memoir reading. If you ever wanted a 101 version of Iranian 20th Century history, all you have to do is read the first five pages, and then you would probably want to just keep reading the whole thing.

Since Aidan is starting over in swimming lessons and they're not making him do hard stuff yet, I can now read again during lessons, instead of watch closely and then run down to the pool to save him from jumping into the deep end. "Can't you see my son is scared," I didn't have to say this to his swimming teacher this week.

I hope you are all doing well. Thanks so much for coming over to the liver blog. I'll catch you up on our heartbreak hotel soon. The long and short, Bob's open heart will likely be within the next few months or so, give or take, more or less, mas y menos, or whenever and whatever.

I've now given in to the idea that it's time to hang up pictures and actually settle in to this temporary apartment that we moved into last August. It's a great place, especially if the seminary lets us live here longer until Bob recovers from the heart break. Well, it's actually a rib break. Ok, they don't actually break the ribs but they remove them somehow, so basically it's breaking them. To fix the heart. So, I guess it's more like heartfix hotel. Because the weird thing is, this is routine. The liver is mysterious. The heart is routine. That's what it means to live in a rich country. Open heart is routine. I'll take routine.

Peace and joy, T

No comments: