Thursday, July 5, 2007

Welcome to my Wrestling Tourney

The slow moving lady in the walker was in my way, so I couldn't speed up to see Dr. Sanan, my Turkish Surgeon. He was walking into the clinic as I was pulling up to drop Bob off. Wait! Wait! Wait!

It was a good thing I saw Dr. Sanan because it was getting pretty ridiculous otherwise. I was planning my arm wrestling tournament. Me vs. Anyone involved in producing ordination barriers. Me. vs. Candidacy Committees. Me vs. Psychological Testers. Me vs. Bishops. Me vs. Bishop's Assistants. Me. vs. Seminary Advisers. Me vs. the System. Me vs. Debt. Me vs. the Liver. Me vs. Recovery. Me vs. the Disapproval Committee of This or That Irrelevancy. And I would be victorious over all of them because I am a yogi, one who practises yoga. Alert to all ordination barriers -- be afraid. I dare you to come over and arm wrestle me. I will take down all of you who deter good decent people from their pastoral call.

And like an eagle, a sign saving me from myself, my wonderful surgeon appeared. And it all went away.

T

9 comments:

KK's Mom said...

Hi T! You made me laugh out loud today! : ) Any chance you'll be working on July 17 and I could come downtown and take you to lunch???

Anonymous said...

T,
You are woman. I hear you roar. Roar on, Sister!
L

Mary Hess said...

You go, girl!

God is calling, even if the church isn't listening. Don't let the institution stop you all. (As a woman in the Roman Catholic church, I have some experience with that...)

blessings,
Mary

Anonymous said...

Terri -- now that's a photo I'd like to see on your blog. A little old lady and her walker splayed out on the street after you've run her over trying to catch up with her surgeon!

Terri Mork Speirs said...

Brenda, ahem, to be clear, that was *my* surgeon. T :-)

Kristy said...

Terri-
May I join you in your tournament please, oh please? I have a whole list of people I'd like to take care of myself! Maybe it's that protective, I'm sick of all this poop, loving wife instinct in us. We seem to be in a pickle again. Keep us in your prayers.

Love,
Kristy

Anonymous said...

"Many daughters have done well,
But you excel them all." Proverbs 31:29

mom

Terri Mork Speirs said...

Thanks, Mom. :-) T

Terri Mork Speirs said...

Kristi -- Indeed! I have been thinking of you guys a lot. And, my dear, tonight, I just discovered your blog! :-) I am always late. Love, T