Thursday, August 16, 2007

I Am Radioactive.

Or I'm just plain 'ol nuclear waste, whichever way you want to look at it. Today I got my custom concocted pill dosed at 100 millicuries. The idea is that it will kill whatever lingering thyroid cancer cells I may still have. I am now in official isolation at an undisclosed location. I can tell you that Dick Cheney is not with me, although I wish he were because we could have such a nice milli-terri tribunal together, just him and me all alone chatting up mushroom clouds and other things of his sole authority.

"You can turn anything into a international political scandal," Bob said to me yesterday.

I was giving him (Bob) my views on the conspiracy of processed food companies to remove fiber from the American diet, creating a generation of constipasted children with low immune systems. Making parents nervous of the potential short term outcome as the start of school draws near, if you know what I mean. When the back up breaks through. We are doing our darndest to get our kids to eat fiber, but it's almost impossible. You can't even buy a granola bar these days that contains fiber. A granola bar for land sakes! How can you call something granola if it doesn't have fiber in it?

Right here, right now, it's time for me and my ex-thyroid to take our 100th nap of the past 2 weeks.

Thanks for coming by the liver blog. And in case you were wondering, today I brought back my liver look, including goofy bangs barretted back and sticking out all over the place. However I did change out of pajamas before entering the public realm. Still, be thankful I can't upload pictures. Be very thankful.

Take care everyone!

With love, T xoxoxoxo

2 comments:

Sue-s said...

This e-mail came into my inbox this afternoon:

Hi Sue,
The prayer chain met this morning. We are wondering how your friend Rob Spiers is doing. Would you update us about his condition and let us know whether or not you would like his name to continue on our prayer list?
God’s peace,
Nancy

This is how I replied:

It's a very uplifting story. Rob's liver has fully healed and he has had open-heart surgery and is recovering nicely from that. His wife and my friend Terri has been diagnosed with thyroid cancer and is dealing well w/ surgery and treatments. Big news, Rob has just been called as an ELCA pastor (his first call) in Iowa. Learn more at http://rollingontheliver.blogspot.com

I think, as a final offering by the St. Luke's prayer chain, prayers of thanksgiving are in order. Please send my deep gratitude for prayers that rise up like incense and for prayers of sighs that are too deep for words.

Blessings!
Sue

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I begin on internet with a directory