Monday, September 24, 2007

We're Moving

Come on over and we'll have a party. Actually, this is what it looked like around here last Saturday when Amanda invited one friend from school over; that somehow turned into a party of six. It was an impromptu girl-boy party. Aren't we such good parents to provide this senstive setting for such a tender growing up milestone?

Anyway, Bob is definitely #1 packer. He pretty much did all of this and more by himself. I'm a schlep. Plus, he finished his cardiac rehab today with flying colors. I told you Bob would be the bionic man one day again. Tada!

Emotions eleven still to come. Wednesday is moving truck day, cleaning apartment day, and take treats to the kids' last day of school day. Holy cow, and I remember like yesterday sending in the fax from our previous locale of Baltimore over seven years ago; a fax of Amanda's kindergarten application to this really cool public school that I had seen in a magazine. I was completely ridiculous in outlining this 4-year-old's every play date, Sunday school class, pre-school experience, kiddie community ed class, time with the babysitter, day care resume, etc, etc, thinking that it would get her in. In reality, all it took was an administrative snafu and wala -- she was accepted into a very wonderful school from all the way across the country, even before we had moved to St. Paul. Three years later, Aidan was grandfathered in. Sometimes all it takes is a clerical mistake and you can be a good mother. Whatever, I got myself two bilingual kids with two mono-lingual parents.

Anyway, 2 days left.

Take care, Love, T

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

I just called and talked with Bob and I am glad I did since you will be gone tomorrow. Boo Hoo!! But I am so happy for all of you starting a new life in a new city in a new home and a new CHURCH!! How great a God is that??!!! I am really disappointed that I will not be able to go to NY for the ordination but I will be there for the installation in Iowa.

God Bless and have a safe trip to Iowa and New York.
Bobbie