Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Liver Blog is Retiring

You know what, Bob is right. It's time to put his liver away. Honestly, I think it wants to live a quiet life now and just do what it's supposed to do -- be a little noticed vital organ that binds bile and filters poisons. No drama. No personality.

So I've decided that it's time to stop with the liver shrine in thought, word, and deed.

It's time to move and it's time to move on.

Bob's liver and I are at peace and I am going to leave it alone.

This will be the last dispatch in the Rolling on the Liver blog. After we've crossed state borders and get internet hooked into our Iowa surprise, there will be a new blog and attitude. Please do check back here because I'll post the link here.

In the meantime I continue to happily refer you to Professor Mary Hess's blog for a daily dose of truth and reconciliation.

So what can I say, you have all been just wonderful and I hope you won't leave. It's merely time to change. The liver blog really helped me to process some of what happened and especially how so many people were involved. But I've realized that I can never tell you everything that people did for us. I can never thank everyone enough. I've realized it's impossible. What's that saying, "pay it forward." That's what I hope we can do. And maybe that's what the Iowa surprise is all about.

OK, friends, you've heard it here first. No more mention of Bob's liver. It is hereby now in it's proper place. It has no power over me. I promise. Over and out.

See you in a week or so.

With love, T

10 comments:

~moe~ said...

I'm proud of you both - moving on and moving up with your life. It's a great thing. I will definitely check back and update my link as necessary. Have a good move!

Sarah said...

Well, Terri, I am happy for all the positive changes in your life, in Bob's life, in Amanda and Adian's lives...and I can't wait to read the new IA blog. I want to follow all your adventures wherever they take you...
With love and best wishes for your move!
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Good Luck and good bye liver! I will follow your new blog, to see how all of you are doing in Iowa.

I know what you mean about paying if forward, because there is no way to repay help, except to pay it forward.

Keep on blogging.

Jean

Anonymous said...

Terri - God gives us opportunities to "Get over it". He obviously has given you and your family a special way of doing just that. I know you will be blessed in this new "adventure" and you will also be a blessing to all you come in contact with. I just gave the youth at St. John, Madison the "pay it forward" talk a week ago. I hope they will take it to heart. Looking forward to reading your insights and antics with the Iowa culture.

Marie J.

Natalie said...

Does this mean we have to move on from Liver jokes to Pastor Bob jokes?
:)
Natalie

KK's Mom said...

Waaaah! You scared me for a moment there! Good luck with the move and all of the transitions to come. What an exciting time for you all. Glad to know the liver it in its right place now. Bye-bye liver blog...hello Iowa!

Can't wait for the new link...
Hugs!
Sharon

KK's Mom said...

Waaaah! You scared me for a moment there! Good luck with the move and all of the transitions to come. What an exciting time for you all. Glad to know the liver it in its right place now. Bye-bye liver blog...hello Iowa!

Can't wait for the new link...
Hugs!
Sharon

Anonymous said...

You can put the liver in its rightful place as long as you don't stop blogging! I absolutely love your insights and thoughts on life. And you and Bob and the kids are in my prayers with this transition and all the newness it holds! -Jo Q.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the opportunity to keep up with Bob (and Bob's liver) during those long dark months. I will always remember the Speirs' time at MCLC with fond memories.

I look forward to hearng about life in Iowa.

Best to you all.

Carole Hansen

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommended by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.