Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It's Empty Around Here

Hello and welcome to the liver blog. It's so nice to have you here.

I don't have a lot to say because I think my mind is emptying out in the same way our apartment is. The walls are bare. Packed boxes all over. Tomorrow Bob and Cynthia will bring over the bedroom set we inherit from Cynthia's parents. Her Dad died the month before we met her in 1999, just before the all of us moved to Baltimore. Her Mom died 4 days ago. It's been nice to spend time with Cynthia this week. I mentioned to my office-mate, Joanne, that it almost feels holy around here with all the emptiness. Like somehow we are being set free.

In a way, I just wish the next 14 days were over. I wish I could just skip the emotion of it all and move on. It's all good, but I'm not looking forward to another round of drama.

Here are my recent ipod downloads:
Mr Jones by Counting Crows
A Lifetime by Better than Ezra
Found Out About You by Gin Blossoms
Beautiful by g love

Aidan wonders if there is a bowling alley in Des Moines. I wonder about the condition of the bathrooms in the house we just bought. Bob, the only person who has seen the house that we just bought, can't remember. Amanda wonders about the dogs she sees on the Iowa humane society website. If they are taken off the website, does it mean they found a home? Or put to sleep?

I hope you are all well. Take good care.

With love, T

No comments: