Thursday, February 22, 2007

All you need is love, Everyday.

Everyday. The acoustic version by the Dave Matthews Band is the best song ever. Jeni from Campus thinks that Dave Matthews is passe, but since I'm 2-3 generations older than her, I have an excuse to think they are an amazing band.

Here is Aidan, with his Dave Matthews look -- and when he's not taking on the Donald Rumsfeld persona, he's pretty close to Dave Matthews. Weird vocal scatting and all. Anyway, when I ask Aidan and Amanda what they need everyday, they usually give me the right answer.

Just goofing around with this new blog.

With love, T

P.S. Dave Matthews is on that House show this month, March.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mama Panda,
You and your family have been a source of strength and grace to me as you have opened to the world your personal journey from death into life. You have lived that beautiful song, I think from Taize:
"Shepherd me, O God,
Beyond my wants,
Beyond my fears,
From death into life."

My only question is, will Aidan ever forgive you for telling the world that you refered to him as Donald Rumsfeld? Hehe...

Thanks for the inspiration and the focus you have given to my life in figuring out what is most important.

Peace,
Jason B-W

Terri Mork Speirs said...

Hi Jason, It's great to hear from you and that song you provided is perfect. We love it. And you're right about Aidan and DR. Actually, we are hoping that he doesn't one day look at that as a compliment. That would be my luck.

Peace and joy, Terri

Anonymous said...

I have a deep respect for Dave Matthews; I think he is very talented and he has great musicians around him. I really enjoyed his work on the documentary "Amandla: A Revolution in Four-Part Harmony" about South Africa, his homeland. Also, his own label, ATO, puts out quite a few good albums a year. The one I'm looking forward to the most is the new Vusi Mahlasela album.

Sometimes I even sing along to Dave in the car.