Friday, August 17, 2007

The Last Supper

Are you hungry? Mom Speirs will cook something for you. Just let her know what you want. Here's a scene from last week. Seriously.

Before bed snack previous night: meatloaf and mashed potatos for Aaron
Course 1: scrambled eggs and toast for Aidan and Aaron
Course 2: mashed potatos with corn for Aaron
Course 3: scrambled eggs, mashed potatoes and toast for Patrick
Course 4: ravioli and meatballs for all

As you all know, things get a little hairy when you're moving and packing and starting a new job. Patrick is now Pastor Patrick, Pastrick for short he says, living part time here and in his new town. When Patrick came over dead tired after his first four days on the job, Mom Speirs decided he needed to eat. That was course 3 and the rest is history.


Pull up a chair, any chair you can find, even the one held together by a pajama pant string. We're going to all eat together before detangling from yet another family here at Sandgren.

Yesterday while I was in isolation, the moving truck came and took all the Pattersons away. Dog gone but we're going to miss these impromptu meals together, boxed wine and all.
The following night, Bob treated Mom Speirs to her favorite Old Country Buffet. I stayed home to nap. While mustering the energy to pour myself a bowl of cereal, I was saved by the door knock. Wala. . .Chan's mom came through again with a surprise delivery of a home cooked meal. Lightly spiced and batterfried Asian vegetables with some kind of dipping sauce. Delicious! Who will be my personal Asian chef in Des Moines?
Ho hum, just another pastor. Isn't he cute!!! Bob did some supply preaching and other pastorly things at a local church last week.

And finally, the picture you've all been waiting for. . .the 6 staples in Amanda's head which have by now been long and successfully removed.
Here's our daughter who loves long hair, but hates to wash and comb it. She's been wanting to highlight it all summer because ALL the other 10 year olds have highlights. Let's make a deal. You get your hair cut and combed. And then our new neighbor, Sarah-o-California, will highlight it. Turned out cute!

That's all folks from the land of official isolation. Yesterday I took a little trip into cancer-land as I had a touch of radiation sickness. Holy cow, all I can say is you poor chemo people, I don't know how you do it. I thought I was dying, back and forth between radioactive vomiting and the fetal position. Throbbing head ache. Sweats, shivers, and shakes. By now, it's mostly gone. Now, to get rid of this isolation too.

Thanks for coming over. All my best to you!

With love, T

3 comments:

~moe~ said...

Her hair looks great.
Please tell Patrick hello for me!

Anonymous said...

Terri, sorry you had such a bad reaction. I know that every time I think about what these chemicals do to the immediate self, I dread having another treatment. But then I think what it does in the long run, and I will endure again, and again, and one last time.

Soon you will be your cheerful self again and all this will be a blurry memory.

Love Jean

Kristy said...

Terri -

I'm so sorry to hear about your reaction! How crummy! And even harder to do when you're by yourself. You've been in our thoughts and prayers.

Just think, with the whole moving thing, you'll be going before you know it and we'll be grieving our loss of you all. We sure do love you guys!

Love,
Kristy