Saturday, August 18, 2007

The kitchen that came to me in a dream

You know how when someone gets pregnant, how they're not supposed to tell anyone for three months just in case they lose the baby. Because after the first trimester then everything should be good to go. Well, Bob and I did not know that. When I first got pregnant, the doctor said we were having twins and we were SO EXCITED. We told absolutely everyone. We told the whole world. Church. Work. Family. Friends. Neighbors. Strangers. We're having twins! We're having twins!

As you may know, we do not have twins. They miscarried at seven weeks. That's when we found out that it's not that uncommon. And that's when we learned about the three month rule. We really dreaded having to retrace our tracks in order to inform everyone about something that was so personal. In the end, it was healing because you would not believe how many people quietly came up to us and said the same thing happened to them. I had no idea. A year later Amanda came around.

It is in that spirit -- that I really should not be telling anyone this, but I'm actually telling everyone -- that I think we found our dream house! Bob spent the afternoon with the realtor today. I spent most of the day in bed, but when Bob came upon THE house, our Realtor started taking pictures with his camera and e-mailing them to me right on the spot. And, well, what would you think if a kitchen like this showed up in your e-mail account?

Pinch me. This is too nice! Matching appliances. Wood floors. A place to cook, eat, and to do homework! And to host guests. I am dreaming. Am I delirious? I am hallucinating. I am going back to sleep.

With love, T

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

The green giant awoke in me when i saw that picture. SO Jealous of that kitchen! *sigh* can I have it if you don't?