Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I'm healed.

Hello friends and thank you for coming over to the liver blog. I'm pleased to inform you that today is the first day in a month that I have not taken a nap. And my appetite has turned from oatmeal to carnivore, topping off a day at the LWR HQ with a big 'ol cheeseburger. That's right, a day at the office healed me. Thanks everyone. Seriously.

Over my cheeseburger, I was thinking about this house deal that Bob and I are working through. The crazy perfect house. Our two tickets to paradise. The homestead in Iowa. Little house on the prairie. Where the ultimate city boy found the big sky. If this deal actually goes through I'm going to have a sign made and put it up on the front door. It will say something like this:

WELCOME TO THE LIVER HOUSE
~ a retreat for the lost and found ~

Kind of like the transplant house that we never had to go to; rather a place for both original and new organs and outlooks; and their owners alike. Room for long and short term vital signs and the bodies they inhabit.

In the meantime, I've been planning a long lost Sweet 16 Party for my niece and God daughter, Danielle. And you know what, tonight she called and said she just wanted to spend a day with good 'ol Auntie Terri for her Sweet 16. Are you sure, I asked? I'm sure, she said. See what I mean? Can't get through even one single day without getting all teary eyed.

I would also like to invite you to join me in continued prayer vigil for our dear neighbors, Kristy and Steve Broers. Please pray for conversion, wisdom, and positive action for the people who block their transition into a call to parish ministry. Please pray that an advocate would come forward and speak up on their behalf. Please pray that they would have some kind of a hearing. Please pray that this whole tragic mishandling could get cleared up.

Lastly, I've decided to continue in my string of Dave Matthews pieces, tonight's being a short one of skatting. Why skatting? It's either wierd or brilliant, I'm not sure. But I can you this -- it reminds me of how my son, Aidan, communicates. In his own little non-language of expressive something. Body twicks, facial mannerisms, short hair preference and all. This is not quite two minutes excerpted from a song called Jimmy Thing. Enjoy! Enjoy? Well, whatever you want to call it. I like it! ;-)



With love, T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Bob & Terri - can't wait to welcome you to Des Moines! God's doing some great work with you. Where's this house? Terri, is it the address you told me about a week or so ago?
Mary Jones